Multi-Mam Balm Nipple care
- Soothes and protects nipples
- Keeps the skin soft, supple and healthy
- Helps supplement the natural skin fat
- Plant-based, neutral smell
Multi-Mam Balm is ideal for breastfeeding mothers to protect nipples from drying and cracking. The balm replaces and supplements natural skin fat, keeping the nipples in good condition. Multi-Mam Balm is based on a selection of plant-derived oils. The composition is natural, with a neutral taste and smell and does not have to be removed before breastfeeding. This non-sticky formulation is easily absorbed and applied.
Do seek assistance if you continue to experience nipple pain and discomfort. There are a number of voluntary associations in Ireland that provide free of charge assistance and help for breastfeeding families such as Cuidiú, La Leche League Ireland and Friends of Breastfeeding . If you need more specialised support you can reach out to the association of lactation consultants in Ireland here to find a register of International Board Certified Lactation Consultants who are the gold standard in lactation support.
- No, it is harmless when swallowed and has a neutral taste and smell. It is especially recommended to apply the balm right after breastfeeding – if applied just before feeding, it can make latching on more difficult for your baby.
- As often as you like. It is especially recommended to apply the balm right after breastfeeding.
- Multi-Mam Balm is based on a selection of plant oils and is non-sticky. Multi-Mam Lanolin is based on natural wool fat.
- Use a cream that softens and restores the skin tissue, and does not need to be removed before breastfeeding. Multi-Mam Balm reinforces and conditions the skin tissue. Based on natural ingredients, it is tasteless and harmless when swallowed, so can give optimal protection during feeding and throughout the day. You can also try Multi-Mam Compresses for sore nipples.
- Most nipple injuries result from a poor latch; it is important that the most sensitive part of the nipple tissue is pulled deeply into your baby’s mouth. Using products that diminish the skin’s natural protection, such as soaps and shampoos, can also cause cracked nipples. Finally, yeast infections, eczema, or a tendency for dry skin are potential causes of nipple problems.
Allergies to the ingredients of Multi-Mam Balm are very rare. When you have doubts, apply a little bit of Multi-Mam Balm on the inside of the forearm. When an itching red spot appears we advise you not to use Multi-Mam Balm.